|Descendants of Daniel Dodge and Irena Rowley|
Photos from Marcy Dodge
Daniel DODGE was born ABT 1756, Lyme, New London Co., Connecticut and died 24 Oct 1781, Flatbush, Long Island, New York
He married : Irena ROWLEY 4 Feb 1780, Lyme, New London Co., Connecticut
They had one son, Daniel Rowley Clark DODGE
A letter to Goldie Dodge dated July 8, 1926 from the Bureau of Pensions says:
I have to advise you that from the papers in the Revolutionary War Pension claim W.8963 it appears that Daniel Dodge of New London County, CO enlisted in the spring of 1775 and served until 1780 in Captain Ely's Connecticut Co., and was in the battles of Bunker Hill, Long Island, White Plains, Trenton, Princeton, Brandywine, Germantown and Monmouth. He enlisted in 1780 and served for eighteen months, names of officers not stated.
He enlisted in Captian Lytle's Company, Connecticut Militia, and was in the battle of Johnstown, New York, in which battle he was killed, October 24, 1781.
He married February 4, 1780 in Lyme, New London Co., Connecticut, Irene Rowley. She again married Jan. 1, 1798, Jared Hubbs, who died November 16, 1843.
She was allowed pension on account of the services of said Daniel Dodge, on her application executed December 8, 1843, while a resident of Edmonson Col, Kentucky, aged eighty-five years. Respectfully, (signed) Winfield Scott Commissioner"
It says that Daniel was acting in the capacity of Private and Corporal in the Revolutionary Army.
For Nancy Mary Dodge's proofs for her application to the Daughters, she uses that letter, plus:
1. Dodge Family Record of William E. Dodge and Nancy E. Creswell in possession of Thaddeus Ed Dodge (1954)
2. Dr. Thaddeus L. Dodge's Family Bible, now in possession of William E. Dodge heirs
3. Record of Israel Rowley Dodge in Bible of Dodge Family kept by Dr. Thaddeus L. Dodge
4. Record of Dodge Family unpublished--from letter from William Clark Dodge, Louisville, KY to Thaddeus L. Dodge (see Nat. #225163)
5. History of Dodge Family in America by Robt. Dodge, N.Y. City published 1879 - Letter from Winfield Scott-Commissioner Bureau of Pensions July 8, 1926 to Goldie Dodge, Albany, Texas verified by National #225163 and #245231
|Dodge family-what are their names?||Dodge family-what are their names?||Cemetery Stone for Martin B. Dodge|
|Marriage Bond for Martin B. Dodge||Marriage Licensefor Martin B. Dodge||Marriage Bond Cover for Martin B. Dodge|
|Marriage License Cover for Martin B. Dodge||Nancy Dodge Ames Marriage Bond||Nancy Dodge Ames Marriage Bond Cover|
|Nancy Dodge Ames Marriage License||Nancy Dodge Ames Marriage License Cover||Jared Hubbs Dodge Marriage Certificate|