The Dodge Family Association was founded by Robert Livingston Dodge, Earl Farwell Dodge, and Virginia Dodge Murphy in 1981. We are incorporated in California as a Not for Profit Corporation. activities are supervised by our geographically diverse Board of Directors:
Norman E. Dodge, President, Washington - He takes care of our main data bases and is working with Jim Bailey on our new Tristram Genealogy book.
Colonel Robert Livingston Dodge, Vice President, California
Frederick J. Dodge, Vice President , California
Everett J. Dodge, Vice President, California
Jim Bailey, Vice President, Rhode Island
Diana Smith, Secretary, Arizona. Diana was elected to fill this office that was vacated by the death of Earl Farwell Dodge, November 7, 2007.
Carl Joseph Klein, Treasurer, Ohio
Blanche Dodge Day, Board member, Massachusetts
Charles W. Dodge, Board member, California, volunteer genealogists
Jim Bailey, Board member, N
Martha Altemus, New Hampshire, volunteer genealogist
Frederick E. Dodge, Virginia
J. Everett Dodge, New York
Virginia Dodge Murphy, California
The officially stated purpose of our is to:
Among Major Activities are:
- Promote goodwill and fellowship among the Dodge Family members.
- Promote the gathering and preservation of genealogical facts to preserve the memory of our forbearers.
- Exchange genealogical facts and information.
- Encourage the updating of Dodge Genealogies which have been published.
join us. .
- Publishing our newsletter, The Dodge Family Journal, which is a 6 page newsletter that is sent free to all members six times a year.
- Publishing new and re-printing previous genealogical books which will help you trace your Dodge ancestry through American history and back into medieval England.
- Organizing regional Family Reunions for research, social, project organization, and fun purposes.
- Lobbying to save ancient Dodge historical sites, such as Halliday Hill house in Offerton, England.
- Organizing tours to the old Dodge Family Historical Sites.